Following the publication of a proposal for an EU draft AI Act, the Joint Research Center (JRC) has prepared a standards watch related to AI. In this paper, the authors explore the AI standardization landscape as well as the links between the proposed regulatory framework and existing standardization activities. This training will give an overview of the AI standards introduced in the standards watch as well as new standardization developments. In particular, the training will consider the work program of the European standardization committee CEN/CLC JTC 21 Artificial Intelligence, which will be in charge of developing European standards in support of legislation.
In addition, the training will focus on some international standards which are already in the process of being adopted as European standards. In this way, participants will be able to learn more about the content of these standards and, if necessary, plan their involvement in the standards projects that are still in development.
Trainer: Mrs. Natalia Vinogradova, ANEC GIE.
To consult the training program and to register, please click here.
ICT sector professionals (CEOs, CIOs, managers, consultants), entrepreneurs, researchers, as well as
anybody interested in the topic and the associated standardization aspects.
Learning outcomes and objectives:
– Understand the current AI standardization landscape
– Through the normative watch proposed by the JRC and the work program of the European
standardization committee, identify the links between the requirements of the draft European
regulation on AI and existing standards
– Know the essential requirements of the international AI standards already selected for adoption as
– Be able to plan their involvement in the standardization process
- Overview of AI standardization landscape
– Overview of AI standards development organizations
– Overview of AI standards
- Introduction to the AI Standards Watch & identified Specific European requirements
– Aim of the study
– Legal requirements captured in the AI Watch from the AI Act draft proposal
– Identified AI standardization committees
– Identified relevant AI standards
- Dive into the core AI standards (topics covered, key requirements, etc.)
– ISO/IEC 22989 Information technology — Artificial intelligence — Artificial intelligence
concepts and terminology
– ISO/IEC 23053 Framework for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Systems Using Machine Learning
– ISO/IEC 42001 Information Technology — Artificial intelligence — Management system
- Standards development process
– Standards types and development phases
– How to contribute to or to follow up on standards development in Luxembourg
A certificate of participation issued by ILNAS, a recognized training organization, will be provided at the end of the course.
Time: 9.00am -12.00pm
Southlane Tower 1 – 5 th floor
1, avenue du Swing
Price: 350 € excluding VAT
Maximum number of participants: 10
Please note that the training will be organized under the applicable government laws, rules and
regulations related to the health situation.
The training session could be canceled or postponed if the number of registrations does not reach the required minimum.
In case of participation cancellation or replacement of a registered person by another participant, it has to be notified in writing (by mail, fax or e-mail). Any cancellation not communicated less than 7 working days before the training may result in cancellation and administrative fees of 50 € per person.